Liquor Liability Insurance
Liquor liability insurance provides coverage for establishments that sell and serve alcohol. Liquor Liability Insurance can be attached to a general liability policy as a rider, or purchased as a standalone policy. Business owners should be aware that liquor liability coverage is usually excluded from general liability policies, and that the language of a liquor liability policy can vary. For example with liquor liability coverage, there may be a sub limit for assault and battery or it may be excluded all together.
These policies usually exclude situations in which alcohol was sold or served illegally such as to minors. Liquor liability policies can also come with caps which limit the liquor liability coverage overall payouts the insurance company will make.
Rates for liquor liability insurance are based on the type of business, the location, the amount of liquor sales and the business' record. A business which has been cited for serving or selling alcohol illegally or one that has a history of complaints related to patrons intoxicated will need a specialist to help them find coverage. On the other hand, a business with an excellent record allows negotiation for the best rates.
While many people may think that liquor liability does not apply to them unless they own a business such as a liquor store, tavern, bar, or restaurant, there are circumstances in which people outside the alcohol business need host liquor liability insurance.
For example, a wedding reception where alcohol is served could create a situation in which the host could be liable. While some venues may have liquor liability policies, it may be necessary to purchase what is known as a host liquor liability policy, a type of policy tailored to someone who is not in the business of alcohol sales, production, or service, but who needs liquor liability coverage.
A Preferred Guardian Insurance agent would be glad to discuss your liquor liability risk, coverage options, and shop rates for your particular needs.
Call or email your Preferred Guardian Independent Insurance Agent today for your quote.
- Bars/Restaurants Liquor Liability Insurance
- Fine Dining Liquor Liability Insurance
- Retail Liquor Stores Liquor Liability Insurance
- Convenience Stores Liquor Liability Insurance
- Caterers Liquor Liability Insurance
- Nightclubs/Adult Entertainment Liquor Liability Insurance
- Country Clubs Liquor Liability Insurance
- Bowling Alleys Liquor Liability Insurance
- Breweries Liquor Liability Insurance
- Drive-through retail stores Liquor Liability Insurance
- Rental Facilities Liquor Liability Insurance
- Event planners Liability Insurance
- Non profit/private/fraternal/social clubs Liability Insurance
- Special event liability insurance
- the main event liquor liability insurance
- the host liquor liability insurance
- Wedding liability insurance